Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Pikniking

I'm very happy today! Guess why I'm so happy today? Because I picnicked in Dhoby Ghout! The most natural place to picnic! Surrounded by lush air-conditioning, toilets nearby, tiled flooring [which means no need to step on grass, mud, dog-poo and the like. Ugh.], what more could you want to help you enjoy nature at your own utmost comfort? [Nature taking the form of a potted money plant sitting in front of us.] The list goes on, however, if there is anything more that you could add, maybe you could suggest it to the managerial board of Plaza Singapura, I'm sure they'd be overjoyed to take into account your suggestions!

And instead of eating an exorbitant meal at places where they cheat you of your money selling you dead ground chickens [Mcnuggets] Or dead ground beef [hamburgers] but supposedly very good deep fried oily potato strips, me and Gwen decided we would eat a healthy meal before studying! So off we went to the food court, *ladidadida, scene of two girls skipping along happily* when suddenly, something stopped us in our tracks, just before we were going to step onto the escalator. We smelled something… it smelled like roasting/roasted/roast meat.

Ahh~ what a delicious smell it was wafting in he air, and what a sight we were, two girls with noses in the air. So off we went in search of an elusive smell. Thinking we might find out answer downstairs in the basement, where most of the food was, down we went via the escalator on the other side of Plaza Sing.

When we reached the basement and realized, there was no smell we went back up. T_T Thus we went back up only to realize that the smell was vanishing fast!!! We sniffed along the first level and then figured out that maybe it was because someone walked past us with takeaway, thus the enticing smell. This was when someone carrying takeaway walked right pass us!!! We chased the unfortunate takeaway person across half of the first floor right into Carrefour...... where we lost her in one of the aisles. [The highest anti-climax!]

Yes, I admit I was too distracted. Yes, I admit I was a little excited. But I blame it all on Carrefour! Anyway we wandered about, [we saw packs of Ovalteen biscuits going at 3 for 2 bucks!! And they were the rather big kind!] until we came to this place giving out samples. And guess what, the smell seemed to be the same smell as the weird processed chicken wrap...... T_T What an end to our adventure, [but the chicken wrap thing tasted kind of good ><]

In the end, when we saw how unbelievably cheap the fried chicken was, we decided to get the deal. Ahahahaha, I somehow feel we were taking advantage of Carrefour ><. It was 3.50 for 3 fried halves of a chicken, 3.50!!! The guy behind the counter was saying that someone wrote it wrongly but his colleagues said it was right. So we became the proud owners of cheap fried chicken! And we bought this great tasting French village loaf of bread. And Snapple Peach. [no Snapple apple, Snapple apple, Punny!! Errps, Lucy virus ><]

I'm too tired to continue, so farewell. I'm sure you would tire of reading my ranting as well, it isn’t really that interesting. Just that I am very very sure I need a study partner, and I suddenly understood what Mrs Lee took 1 hour to teach us with state of the art videos and all, in about 10 minutes when Gwen told me her Mr and Mrs DNA stories. ^^

>< I am too lazy to type different stories on my lj.. ><

No comments: