Thursday, November 09, 2006

Japanophile?

I don't know what's wrong with me. I really think I've become a real Japanophile. Even when I blogsurf wonderful foodblogs, I can't escape from the clutches of sushi, shabu-shabu, Japanese cooks, and wagashi. On youtube, I seem to gravitate toward all things Jap. Jdrama, jpop MVs, japanese talkshows, they seem to pull me with an invisible force. Even when I see anything japanese on the street, my attention will suddenly be focused on it. Haha, I just thought of a funny analogy, like a guy, walking on the street, who suddenly sees a pretty girl across the road. Yeah, it's like that.

No matter whether it's the cuteness of Japanese things, or their creativity, or their focus and passion, or even their very asian values that has everyone bowing to each other, I don't know why I love it all. This had better stop before it becomes an obsession. But, I don't really think it will, all it'll become is part of my life. It slowly has invaded, silently, quietly, till I just realised.

Even joining judo, I think I joined because, subconciously I was thinking it originated from Japan. >< But I do like Judo as judo, don't get me wrong. I don't like it because it's japanese now. But more of, because I've come to know it.

>< Maybe this craze will be over when I come back from Osaka. I'll have seen everything for myself, felt the cold winter wind against my cheeks, soaked in the sights and sounds of the neon lights and bustling markets. Instead of being fed on videos and pictures, I'll be experiencing Japan for myself.

Wish me good luck for getting out of the Japanocraze. ^^

No comments: